Press Release – Lake Zurich, IL – January 29, 2010
Most of us are sick of politicians — both Republicans and Democrats — who once elected to office have a distressing tendency to increase the size of government, erode our freedoms, and stay in office way too long. They forget who they are and where they came from.
I want to stand for something different. I will lead by example and act as a Citizen Legislator – the type of person our Founding Fathers saw as the main avenue to protect our freedoms, the very freedoms that are threatened daily by politicians who’ve become a special class unto themselves.
I make the following six-point pledge to the voters of the Illinois 8th District. As your congressman:
1. I will not serve more than 3 terms in the House (6 years), if so privileged.
2. I will not receive any health plans or retirement benefits that only congressmen get and that aren’t available to all Americans.
3. I will not vote for any legislation which increases the size of government or isn’t supported by the Constitution.
4. I will never add an earmark to any bill.
5. I will always speak my mind and tell my constituents the truth.
6. I will always be accessible to my constituents and hold town halls on a regular basis, in good times or bad
We need to get Americans to feel good about their government again. Vote for me on Feb 2nd.